Explore exciting Occupational Therapist roles and career opportunities.
If you have a genuine passion for empowering people, and you’re eager to learn and advance your Occupational Therapy career, then Ability Action Australia is the place for you. Together, we are all about supporting NDIS participants to ‘get more out of life today’.
Working together, building on our culture of care and collaboration, we empower our people to support each other and provide the best possible service to our participants. From our transformative quality assurance processes to professional development opportunities and meaningful benefits, we have created a supportive environment where our team members thrive, and our participants ‘get more out of life today’.
This is so much more than your average Occupational Therapy job. Ability Action Australia offers the chance to grow professionally, change lives and be truly supported in your vocation.
Join our team! Fill out our simple registration form and our careers team will be in touch.
“My manager always strives to acknowledge and celebrate my clinical and leadership wins.”
Rebecca Bailey, Team Leader – Occupational Therapist, QLD
The benefits we enjoy
We’re committed to providing our team with a great place to work. Our people enjoy above-market salary packages and a stream of meaningful extra benefits and perks, including:
- On the Move Support: a car allowance, laptop and smartphone to support you on the road.
- Salary Packaging: take your pre-tax dollars further with access to a range of salary packaging options.
- Novated Leasing: our team members have the option to finance their vehicle through novated leasing.
- Learning and Development: access ongoing professional development aligned to your Occupational Therapist role and career goals. Sharpen and cultivate your skills through ongoing training sessions and seminars.
- Career Opportunities and Progression: seize opportunities to move within and across our family of businesses to broaden your skills, experience and support your career progression.
- Flexibility: we have embraced flexibility and agile working, allowing you to balance your work with the rest of your life.
- Uplifting Culture: positive, supportive, collaborative workplaces where we develop close relationships, trust and empower our people.
- And so much more.
Interesting, challenging work that makes a real difference
- Our NDIS Occupational Therapists work closely with participants with psychosocial, physical, sensory and/or cognitive disabilities, and their network, to maximise independence, access and wellbeing.Our approach is to trust and empower our team members to manage their day. Take the initiative, be creative, and always have the courage to pitch in ideas to ensure our participants ‘get more out of life today’.No day is the same. Our Occupational Therapists carry out a variety of assessments and clinically based interventions including;
- Functional Capacity Assessments
- Assistive Technology Assessments
- Manual handling training and education
- Pressure care education and therapy
- Home rehabilitation and therapy for mental health, neurological and developmental conditions
- Dementia care and planning
- Falls prevention
- Home modifications
- Occupational therapy driving assessments
- Improving degrees of function and independence for personal care tasks
- Managing activities of daily living, such as meal preparation
- Accessing community services, such as sporting clubs, schools, and libraries
- Improving relationships
- And so much more
Frequently Asked Questions about Occupational Therapy Jobs & Careers
Learn more about what you can expect from an Occupational Therapy career with Ability Action Australia.
We really do invest in our people. This includes access to ongoing professional support and development to suit your career objectives, such as seminars and training sessions. In addition, our parent company MedHealth offers unique opportunities for progression along with our Leadership Mentoring Program. There are always ways to stay connected and informed as you progress in your Occupational Therapist career, with our social events and Amplify newsletter.
As with all of our multidisciplinary allied health professionals, we take extensive steps to provide you with a flexible work-life balance while providing NDIS therapeutic support to participants. You can typically enjoy a hybrid approach, which combines working from home with the dynamic social interactions that come with community work and office/ clinic time. We also offer supportive paid parental leave, free counselling, the option to purchase additional annual leave, and discounted offers on health insurance and gym membership.
We’re pleased to be able to provide some of the best work-life support for Occupational Therapy jobs in Australia. In fact, our parent company MedHealth is recognised as one of Australia’s best places to work.
There are some key qualities we look for when recruiting for an Occupational Therapist job, including:
- A genuine passion for working in the disability sector
- Great communication skills to be able to collaborate with participants, families and colleagues
- A proactive attitude and motivation for continual improvement, both in your professional capacity and within the organisation
- Current registration with AHPRA as an Occupational Therapist
We approach every day with our values of simplicity, tenacity, collaboration and trust.
We deeply value our allied health professionals, and our remuneration and salary perks reflect this. Our Occupational Therapists can expect excellent salary packages along with annual salary reviews and a car allowance, laptop and smartphone. You can choose to finance your vehicle through novated leasing, and there’s a range of salary packaging options.
You can see more of the benefits and our vacancies over at our Ability Action Australia jobs page.
If you’re considering becoming an Occupational Therapist in Australia, there are few other roles that are so immensely rewarding. Not only do you have the opportunity to make genuine, tangible differences to people’s independence and quality of life, but you can also do this while enjoying a flexible lifestyle of your own. So when the question is: Is Occupational Therapy a good career in Australia? The answer is overwhelmingly yes.
If you’re not currently feeling fulfilled in your current role as an Occupational Therapist, it could be time to think about joining Ability Action Australia instead. We’d be happy to discuss how you could be better supported in your career. And if you’re just getting started, ask us about our supportive graduate program.