Support coordinators and partners
A hallmark of our service is the collaborative approach we bring to our work as we assess a participant’s needs, work through their goals and deliver the necessary supports, together.
We bring this same cooperative style to the relationships we develop with Support Coordinators and partners, knowing that positive connections will enhance outcomes for participants and foster the longer-term success of the NDIS scheme.
How we work with Support Coordinators
We’re committed to developing constructive, helpful partnerships with support coordinators to achieve our mutual aims. We both want participants to get the essential supports they need, when they need them, to help build their skills and independence and assist them in their daily lives.
In our interactions, we value many of the same things – regular communication, timely and efficient services, and respect for the individual – that will make our journey together a successful one.
Ability Action Australia has committed to a level of service that will promote positive partnerships with Support Coordinators. Our service promise means that we:
- Make it easy to receive and quickly process referrals
- Locate our services in convenient locations around Australia
- Allow you to choose the clinician that is right for the participant
- Deliver our services within agreed response times
- Communicate with you at least fortnightly
- Continue to provide face-to-face services during the pandemic
- Commit to collaboratively review every case and document agreed actions and outcomes
- Forward all invoices weekly
- Develop a thorough Service Delivery Agreement
- Provide performance reporting
How we work with partners
NDIS therapeutic, positive behaviour and employment supports
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a way of supporting people with permanent and significant disability. The NDIS is designed to give individuals greater choice and control over when, where and how their funded supports are provided. The specific support and funding available is based on each individual’s specific needs. You can find out more about what therapeutic supports are funded by referring to the NDIS website.
Ability Action Australia provides therapeutic, positive behaviour and employment supports across Australia.