2023 Graduate Program Frequently Asked Questions
General program information
Ability Action Australia’s Action Packed Graduate Program is open to applications from students in their final year of study or those who have recently graduated. Our program is a structured 12-month program offered in a supportive and nurturing environment.
When you join our Ability Action Australia family, you become part of a values-driven organisation that authentically wants to improve the lives of people living with disability. You become part of a group that encourages career growth, celebrates and rewards achievements, promotes inclusion and welcomes difference, and genuinely cares about your wellbeing. At Ability Action Australia, you can expect to be in a role where you can:
- Work with purpose
- Engage in meaningful work
- Always learn new things
- Grow as a professional
- Be yourself
We have positions available Australia-wide for our Graduate Program. Locations include: Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast, Tamworth, Port Macquarie, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Perth, Hobart and Launceston.
Our Action Packed Graduate Program is currently open to students with Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology degrees.
In 2023 we will have two intakes – January and August. Applications are open for 2022 and future year intakes.
The duration of our Action Packed Graduate Program is 12 months.
Yes. From day 1, all graduates are engaged as ongoing permanent employees with Ability Action Australia.
You are welcome to apply for our Graduate Program now. You can apply to one of our future program vacancies and we will get you started on a program as soon as you have graduated and have received your AHPRA/ SPA/ ESSA registration.
Applications are open now!
Our recruitment process is designed to make is as easy as possible for you as a candidate to find out if a role at Ability Action Australia is right for you.
- Application: The first step is to apply online, complete our application form and attach your current CV. If your CV isn’t quite up to date, you can email our Talent Acquisition Team to arrange a more informal conversation.
- Phone call: We will then be in contact to arrange a phone chat. This will provide a chance for you to ask any questions you might have about our Action Packed Graduate Program and learn more about Ability Action Australia. Our Talent Acquisition Team are a speedy bunch so expect to hear back from us within 48 hours of your application.
- Interview: You will then be invited to an interview with one of our leaders from the location you wish to work. We will ask you to take us through your placement experience and tell us a bit more about yourself. We will also ask about skills that you might bring to the role, and the ones you want help to develop.
- Reference checks: We will ask you to provide two contacts so we can conduct reference checks.
- Offer: Following the interview, our Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch to make an offer. If you are unsuccessful, we will provide detailed feedback to help set you up for success for your next interview experience.