Employment-related Assessment and Counselling
Empowering individuals to embark on meaningful, fulfilling career
Having a meaningful job impacts multiple aspects of your wellbeing. It can provide you with healthy self-esteem, enough money to live on, and a sense of purpose and belonging. You’re also more likely to have friendships and an optimistic outlook on life if you’re working.
Yet only just over half of working-age NDIS participants are employed (compared with 80 per cent of Australians of working age without disability), and many unemployed people who live with disability have trouble finding work.
At Ability Action Australia, our mission is to empower individuals with disability to embark on meaningful careers by providing specialised NDIS Employment-related Assessment and Counselling services. Through personalised vocational assessments and employment counselling sessions, we work closely with you to identify your strengths, skills, and experience. By gaining a deeper understanding of your abilities and interests, we can tailor our career counselling to guide you towards suitable job opportunities that match your interests and talents.
Help with finding good work
Ability Action Australia can help you achieve greater wellbeing by supporting you to find work and achieve your employment goals, however long it takes.
Through the NDIS, we offer:
- Vocational assessment/s
- Vocational counselling
Delivered by fully qualified psychologists, this service will provide you with professional assessment/s and counselling to help you identify suitable vocational goals and establish the best pathway to engage in employment
Completed by our fully qualified psychologists, vocational assessments are available to NDIS participants who may need a greater level of support to develop occupational goals and a successful pathway to engage in meaningful employment.
The purpose of a vocational assessment is to analyse your transferable skills, experience and qualifications, and to help identify your employment potential and career opportunities.
Our psychologists will also consider any medical restrictions that may be in place, as well as any reasonable adjustments to increase your independence and maximise your capacity at work.
The vocational assessments allow you to plan for your future, assisting with:
- Vocational counselling and planning
- Redefining your career goals
- Exploring your purpose
- Building emotional and mental resilience
- Overcoming work challenges
- Assessment tools supporting decision-making
- Soft skills training
It’s easy to get started with Ability Action Australia’s NDIS Employment-related Assessment and Counselling service. Call our friendly Concierge Team on 1800 238 958 to find out more or make a referral.
Why choose us?
Multidisciplinary care is when a team of health professionals with different skills collaborate to support as many of your needs as possible. Our multidisciplinary team can support you reach your goals!
NDIS Employment and Career Counselling Frequently Asked Questions
The NDIS offers a range of school leavers employment support. These include:
- Career Counselling: Our experienced Employment Advisors will work closely with you to explore various post-school options, identify your interests and strengths, and help you make informed decisions about your career path.
- Resume Writing, Job Applications, and Interview Skills: We provide assistance in crafting an effective resume, preparing job applications, and developing essential interview skills to increase your chances of securing employment.
- Vocational Training and Skill Development: An Employment Advisor can support you in developing skills that are core to employment success and connect you with further education opportunities that are aligned with your career goals.
- Supported Employment Opportunities: If you require additional support, we can help you find supported employment opportunities, where you can work in a supported and inclusive environment that matches your abilities.
- Workplace Modifications and Assistive Technology: To ensure your successful participation in the workforce, we can support you to access workplace modifications, and assistive technology that caters to your specific needs.
At Ability Action Australia, we can work to place you with any number of community organisations or businesses, depending on your skills and interests.
Whether it’s paid work, volunteer positions, or work experience opportunities, we strive to ensure that the work placement aligns with your abilities and interests. Our goal is to help you discover a fulfilling and enjoyable career path that brings out your full potential.
|Support category name||Support item name||Support item number||Hourly fee||Delivered by|
|Finding and keeping a job||Employment-related Assessment and Counselling||10_011_0128_5_3||$193.99||Psychologist|
The first step is understanding if you are eligible to receive NDIS funding:
- Are you permanently disabled or require early intervention to reduce the support you will need in the future?
- Are you under 65 years old?
- Are you living in Australia?
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you may be eligible for NDIS funding. To apply, contact the NDIS directly on 1800 800 110. Alternatively, you can complete an Access Request Form on the NDIS website: www.ndis.gov.au .
If you have any further questions about our NDIS Employment Assessment & Counselling services or need more information about the process, we encourage you to get in touch with us. Our team of dedicated professionals is here to support.
NDIS Employment-related Assessment and Counselling
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a way of supporting people with permanent and significant disability. The NDIS is designed to give individuals greater choice and control over when, where and how their funded supports are provided. The specific support and funding available is based on each individual’s specific needs. You can find out more about what supports are funded by referring to the NDIS website.